What is Charter Edit
Charter is a separate mode in AM2. It behaves differently to regular flights. Cost of charter is 550 bonus points + $15m cash with a 10 point rebate for the achievement
Whats different to normal flights Edit
- Charter lets you schedule flights up to 5 days.
- If you do not have enough fuel the flight will be cancelled
- Flights need not be from your hub. A ferry flight is needed to get the plane to point A before the route from point A to point B can start.
- There is no first class
- There is no catering
- There is no changing of the ticket price
- Destinations must be researched for a fee
- Each airport/city is unique so if you have a plane from point A to B then you cannot fly out of point A or B again
- Demand is no longer a percentage. It is now passenger numbers. E.g. 1500 Economy passengers and 150 Business passengers
- Routes have a 10000KM limit on length
How do I create routes Edit
- Research routes (unless you already have)
- Select two airports
- Select a plane
- Select amount days you want to fly
- Select the flight times
- Click Create Route
Can I get out of realism mode? Edit
Runway length matters
What planes should I buy and where should I fly them Edit
Any planes with a red star is suitable for charter. There is not really any recommended planes. I (littlenick27) personally use the following
- Embraer ERJ 190-200LR for its short min runway requirements of 1400 ft, relatively high passenger capacity of 122 for its runway length and enough range to fly Sydney to Perth
- Boeing 767-400ER for its 7800 ft min runway requirements to allow service to airports that cannot handle the Airbus A340-600. Also has great passenger capacity at 304
- Airbus A340-600 for its high passenger capacity of 380 passengers, the most of any plane.
To answer the 2nd question fly them wherever you want. Be mindful of the ferry cost and time.